Northwich Auction holds regular auctions of antiques and collectables. Sales are held fortnightly from 9.30am on a Wednesday.
What do we sell?
The answer is almost everything. Recent sales have included gold, silver and costume jewellery, cars, vans and motorbikes, modern and antique tools, brass, plate and silver, medals, toys, prints, paintings and sculptures, coins, stamps and cigarette cards, watches and clocks, boxes, pottery, porcelain and glass and a room full of modern and antique home and garden furniture. We even sell cars and motorcycles. If there is a market for the item we will sell it for you.
Catalogues are available online and in the antiques centre and auction room from 5pm on the Friday prior to every sale. View our auction calendar for all the dates.
Collection of items bought is available at weekends by prior arrangment only.
We offer a high quality service to our clients, with pre-sale valuations available to prospective vendors without obligation.Whilst we are happy to take in smaller items at any time, we hold free valuation days every Thursday and Friday following a sale and Monday and Tuesday of the week after a sale. For larger collections or whole house contents, home visits and house clearances can be arranged. Please contact us for more information. For all items we make every effort to identify correctly and catalogue, photograph and promote your items.
All items are listed on our own site as well as specialist websites including http://www.ukauctioneers.com/ and http://the-saleroom.com/ . Our sale attract a large number of buyers including buyers from all around the world.
Our commission rate is the lowest in Cheshire at only 12.5% with a minimum fee of £5 plus VAT.
Catalogues for each sale are available online and in the antiques centre and auction room from 5pm on the Friday prior to every sale.
Methods of buying
- Attending the sale - There is nothing like the atmosphere and action of a live auction, giving yourself a better chance of securing that much wanted item.
- Leave a commission bid - If you are unable to attend the sale, but would like to bid on items, we can bid on your behalf. This is a free service, just fill in the commission bidding form or give us a call, giving the lot numbers of the items you would like to leave a bid on and your maximum bid. We execute these bids as cheaply as possible, depending on reserves and other bids.
- Phone bidding - We offer a phone bidding service for items we expect to realise over £100. If you would like to organise a phone bid, register your interest prior to the sale and a member of staff will contact you a few minutes prior to the lot offering you the chance to bid live for the item.
- Live online bidding - During every auction we will be offering live bidding through http://www.easyliveauction.com/
Our buyers premium is 16% plus VAT with a minimum premium of £3.
If you are unable to attend the sale or viewing, but wish to leave commission bids, we do offer the service of condition reports via phone or email. If when you recieve the item it does not match the condition we described to you in our report, we will offer you a full refund.
Live Internet Bidding
All our auctions offer live internet bidding throughout the whole sale via http://www.easyliveauction.com/. Simply register with them and bid from home. Easy Live Auction offer the option of a one-off payment of £3.00 instead of the 3% additional buyers premium so bidding from home need not be expensive.
Payment and Collection
We accept the following methods of payment -
- Cheques guaranteed by card
- Debit card
- Credit card (3% surcharge)
All items purchased must be collected by 5pm of the Friday after a sale.
If you are unable to collect items we do offer a postage service. Our postage and packaging service is from £10 + VAT. All our items are posted out recorded through either Royal Mail Special Delivery, Royal Mail First Class Recorded or Parcelforce 48. For more information or to request a quote please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to bidding.